Today more than ever, customer satisfaction depends not only on the professional skills of the medical personnel, their “know-how”, but also on the understanding of the living conditions issues and the well being of the users.
The interventions and products produced by the CPM are based on this approach and contribute significantly to improve the quality of the living environment, humanizing care and increasing respect for people.
Among our means of action :
- a consultancy service for the users and residents of health institutions committees;
- users representation on various committees and boards of directors;
- submitting briefs to defend the interests of users during public consultations on bills;
- initiation of class actions to defend the collective rights of users;
- public and private interventions;
- training programs offered to committees and groups;
- individual legal assistance.
Our means of action for the general public :
- inform and advise the users of the health and social services network;
- refer to the relevant organizations, if applicable;
- submit briefs to defend the interests of users of the health and social services network during public consultations on bills;
- initiate class actions to defend the rights of users of the health and social services network;
- Educate the media and the general public about current issues related to the health care and social services.
Our services for the users and residents committees: :
- a personalized consultancy service for the users and residents committees;
- regional tours of the president on request;
- tailor-made training programs;
- a general assembly and an annual symposium;
- a newsletter (CPM EXPRESS) on the CPM’s actions in the health network;
- a mediation and conflict resolution service;
- a referral service to the multiple resources and health network departments.
A dynamic representation
The Conseil pour la protection des malades (CPM) represents the users on various committees, consultation groups and boards of directors, including :
- quality of life assessment teams in long-term care centres, intermediate resources and family-type resources (Ministry of Health and Social Services);
- MSSS expert group, medical aid in dying.
The expertise of the team
Our dynamic and highly qualified team is composed of legal advisers specializing in health law.
They intervene annually in more than 100 files at the request of committees of users, residents, citizens, associations and institutions using their services.
The CPM lawyers are often called upon to mediate and resolve disputes between users and health network stakeholders.