The future of long term health care and home care services
Co-chaired by Ms. Ginette Desmarais and Mr. Pierre Hurteau
Free registration – One form per participant
IMPORTANT: ADDRESS WHERE YOU CAN BE REACHED FOR CONFIRMAITON OF YOUR REGISTRATION
Founded in 1974 by the late Claude Brunet, the Council for the Protection of Patients is a non-profit organization whose mandate is to promote and defend the rights of users of the health network across Quebec.
Promote and defend the rights of users of the health and social services network in order to increase their capacity to act and improve the quality of services. The CPM brings together user and resident committees located in health establishments located across the province.
To be the reference for users and the health and social services network throughout Quebec.
- Protect users and vulnerable people so that they enjoy a favorable living environment;
- Defend users of the health network when their rights are violated;
- Act as an intermediary and mediator with provincial political authorities, while carrying out direct actions on the ground.
THE TEAM’S MANDATE
- Advise people through competent lawyers and advisers;
- Offer a multitude of services such as mediation, training on user rights and the drafting of legal opinions;
- Equip users ‘and residents’ committees by offering them training, guides, brochures or any other service related to their mandate.